I am an expert…

There are many different types of advocates out in the world. It is wise to understand who they are, their experience in education, and their philosophy. Some might be able to advocate for you for free but you have to ask: What experience and training do they have? What is their style? How much will they help my family? Is their goal my goal? Are they threatening? Is their goal a lawsuit? Are they too objective? Are they going to truly represent my child?

With me, I can tell you exactly what you will get. You will get someone who listens. Someone who will take your frustrations and anger and turn them into actionable goals. I am polite, friendly, honest, and I actively work to build relationships with the school. However, this does not mean I am push over. I have years of experience in the classroom and advocacy. I have been trained by a national organization (COPAA) and have a Masters’ Degree in Education from the University of South Dakota. Yes, I am bound by a Code of Ethics and will never shout, belittle, or threaten a team but I am FIRM. I know your rights and I know how to assert them effectively. I will use state and federal code to negotiate services for your child. I know the meaning of evaluation results and how they translate into the classroom. I know what appropriate services look like for children and I am an expert at seeing when that is not happening. Even if you are unsure, call me for a review! We can do chat via email, zoom, or by phone. inspire1learning@gmail.com or 605-431-3318